Thursday, June 23, 2011

The 30 Minute Skirt

I love a knee length skirt in the summer, and they look cute with flats or heels.  Digging through my fabric stash, I found quite a few bright prints that I thought would make a great skirt.

I used my own personal sloper as a pattern, and cut out and sewed one every day for 5 days.  Timing myself, I found that I could finish it in 30 minutes flat!  They were blind hemmed on a machine- it would have taken me longer if I had hand hemmed them!  There are 4 pattern pieces- front, back, front waist facing, and back waist facing.  They have a side invisible zipper, and no vent or slit because they are a-line.

The class titled "Beginning Fitted Garment Construction" teaches how to construct a basic skirt such as this to sewists who are beginner to intermediate.  But I can't guarantee that you'll be able to make it in 30 minutes!
The 30 minute skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment